Thursday, April 01, 2010

Maybe the last thing today


Maybe.  I'm not making any promises.

My mood is swinging and dipping (I can now add sadness to the irritation of earlier) despite the fact that I have been GFCF for 10 days now and, more importantly, have been practicing (though just a bit) for 3 days.  I know those are small numbers.  It will be interesting to note what happens next month when the numbers are higher.

I've been thinking that I might have a slight case of ADD.  

The following items are from The Adult ADHD Self-Reporting Scale put out by Harvard Medical School professors.  I definitely don't have the "H" in ADHD.  Seven of the eighteen questions popped out at me for their familiarity, some to great degree, some to lesser.

• Do you have trouble wrapping up the final details of a project, once the challenging parts have been done?

• When you have a task that requires a lot of thought, how often do you avoid or delay getting started?

• Do you have difficulty keeping your attention when you are doing boring or repetitive work?

• Do you have difficulty concentrating on what people say to you, even when they are speaking to you directly? 

• Are you distracted by activity or noise around you? 

• Do you have difficulty waiting your turn in situations when turn taking is required?

• Do you interrupt others when they are busy?

Interesting.

No comments: