The kids wanted out (I cannot blame them). The weather has been gorgeous. Sunny, breezy, weaving and waving back and forth from warm-hot to cool-brisk. Daniel's over, Cap's up at school all day for a conference, I've been tidying and cleaning and preparing snacks and lunch...going off-list, but feeling somewhat productive.
So, when our downstairs neighbor seemed done with her yard work, out we went.
I had a shocking moment when, as I leaned into the wisteria to take pictures, I was suddenly engulfed in intense thrumming buzzing and realized the tree was full of ginormous bumble bees. I jolted back, my brain and sensory system flooding with adrenalin, and my camera was flung from my hands! I've had my trusty camera for going on six years. I dropped it within the first few days of owning it and hadn't dropped it again till today. It was a doozy of a landing, but luckily, there seems to be no harm done other than some scratches on the body and a small dent in one of the corners.
No comments:
Post a Comment