toasted walnuts with honey.
I'm starting a Dragon's Way class tonight.
I have been craving meat lately and quelling the need by eating it, and feeling happy. Over the weekend I had a steak, which doesn't happen very often. It was utterly satisfying.
Yesterday, as I was moving along on my 'getting-things-done', it occurred to me that maybe I should ease up on my desire to 'do the food' while doing Dragon's Way. I felt like it would be stressful to cut out animal protein when my body is wanting it so much lately. I allowed myself the flexibility to see what happens.
This morning, interestingly enough, I didn't want my usual two eggs on toast. I kind of felt like Panda Puffs with a banana and rice milk. And then, somehow, my mind went to: just have the walnuts (that were ready to go in the fridge because I had planned on eating Dragon's Way and stocked up on ingredients over the weekend).
So, I toasted some walnuts on the stove, drizzled them with honey, and munched.
I have a list of items for today. I've done one already which was to bake bread (technically, it will be done, the bread is in the machine as I type).
My working on taxes will have to shift a bit because I did not get the response I needed from my bank about a figure I need from them. Hopefully, Cap will have that number for me by day's end. I can get started on the state form and Danielle gave me a heads up about a new schedule M that is causing confusion.
I feel restless. I can feel a heat rising inside. Is it a resistance to going back to the list? Or is it a desire to get back to the list?
A playdate at a nearby playground has materialized overnight. I want to add it to my list, but does that mean I should subtract something, taking a cue from one of the books? I should try that rather than continue feeling a bit queasy and indecisive about whether to go or not.
2 comments:
Good luck with your taxes. We used an accountant this year. It feels so good to have someone tell me what to do. I am absolutely LOST in the world of taxes.
Thanks, Julie. Our taxes are pretty straightforward. I've been doing them now for 3 or 4 years and I learn more and each year. They are quite persnickety which requires flexibility and patience to deal with... The IRS is all confused because we file jointly and last year I must have reversed the order of our names which caused a major glitch in their system.
Post a Comment