Monday, June 02, 2008

Whoa

We spent some time at my mom's yesterday. At the end of the day I stepped into her bathroom to pee before leaving.

First, a chance glance in the mirror made me realize how much of a neck I have these days.

Then, I spied the scale under the sink and decided to go for it and see how much "number" weight I have actually lost the past couple of months. (The scale is from my childhood...they've had it for 40 plus years!)

20 pounds. Whoa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta love that dragons way!

you look great, btw :)

xoo Kelly

Susan Gurry said...

Hi Shirley,

I've been wanting to tell you how much I enjoy your photographs, particularly of children (yours and others). You have such a wondrous vision of who the kids are.

And your body changes on the Dragon's Way program are terrific; who among us has not wanted to lose that final 20 pounds? But dieting is horrible and not healthy; you did it by following your heart and soul. I am proud of you,girl!

shirley said...

Thanks friends and faithful readers!

Sue, I am in the process of beginning to research and plan for buying a digital SLR camera. I'll probably get one to ring in 2009...maybe earlier, in the fall, if the money gods smile down on me :-)

Part of me likes the challenge of shooting my diamonds in the rough with the trusty digital point and shoot, but once I have a SLR camera, I will really be able to zoom into those kiddies faces without having to actually be in their faces :-)

Thank you for your words of support!

The Dragon's Way was quite an experience. I still do the movements and am continuing to develop my practice of them.

I think I will revisit the 6 week diet modification sometime this summer. I have a feeling I can go deeper next time and learn more.