Sunday, June 15, 2008

In the kitchen

This morning:

black beans with fresh garlic, canned green chiles, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne (to go with the rice flour tortillas I picked up at Trader Joe's the other day which weren't half bad...the beans were yummy :-)

Gem made some onigiri (rice balls wrapped with seaweed)

I had to have some umeboshi (salted plum) and shiso (beefsteak leaves) with some white rice...it was a hankering...

I insisted during the heatwave we had last week that we get an air conditioner for the kitchen. I cook way too much and tolerate sticky summer weather not very well at all...

Soaking pots and pans a constant during this last surge of festive and nurturing cooking.

Finally went to Trader Joe's the other day. This tea is synonymous with Karen though it is not quite the same when it isn't brewed in their lovely glass teapot and handed over by Brent ;-)

Tonight was all about Cap and his Father's Day supper. He gets scallops on Father's Day and on his birthday. These were baked with waffle crumbs, a simple and completely comforting GF alternative to Ritz cracker crumbs---thanks Gluten-Free Goddess!

Another GF-Goddess treasure for dessert---dark chocolate brownies. Thanks to Kelly for turning me onto the goddess :-)

No comments: