It is cool this morning. Downright cold in the living room where open windows overnight provided loads of cross drafts.
For breakfast, GF penne (loving the Bionaturae---thanks Kelly!) tossed with scape-basil-parsley pesto reheated gently on the stove with olive oil and a scrambled egg. Took a bite, bulb went on and added a dash of hot sauce.
It was satisfying. But, as I downed a small glass of orange juice mixed with mango nectar mixed with water, I realized my body was craving a strong spectrum of flavor. In a big way.
Sag had a high fever again last night. I took the night shift to relieve Cap who had nursed him the previous two nights while working on a paper well into the wee hours. His temp was near 104ยบ and he was uncomfortable. His rash was flaring (thank goodness for the Calendula gel that would periodically cool him enough to fall back into rest). He tossed and turned. He was in that thin, thin sleep where a molecular shift in the atmosphere would wake him and he would grab for me.
I did finally get some REM sleep in the early hours of the morning. I dreamt. Though, as usual, I don't remember the gauzy yet realistic scenes and conversations anymore.
The day is gorgeous, but we will remain indoors for the most part while Sag recuperates (there is the daily pace along the garden to do). So the party will be in my mouth today, it seems.
(Sag has strep and is on antibiotics and probiotics. He should be feeling much better by the end of today and hopefully will be fever-free by tonight.)
No comments:
Post a Comment