Sunday, June 29, 2008

Market day


There was kale. And there was the wonderful memory of the African Kale, Pineapple and Peanut stew that Kate brought to Kelly's. I tucked a bunch into our canvas bag. This dish is AMAZING. I cannot stress this enough.

These strawberries, from California (on sale and organic from Whole Foods), were so much better than the local ones (not organic) we picked up at the farmer's market last week. So good.

The sugar snap peas were from Farmer John's stall. They were delicious steamed. Gem took a liking to them. Gorgeous, simple flavor.


We devoured the blueberries last week, so this week I bought three quarts. I baked muffins yesterday and am planning a pie for today or tomorrow. How decadent. A blueberry pie!

As long as there is garlic scape, I will keep buying it. The scape-basil pesto has become a summer staple and I eat some every day, sometimes twice a day. It goes so well with scrambled eggs. I also like adding a dollop to pasta with marinara sauce.

Here is the potato salad I whipped up to accompany dinner last night. Red potatoes, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, white pepper, mayo, and scallions. Every bite makes me happy to be alive.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

Mmmmmmmmm...(drool.)