Sunday, June 22, 2008

I love food

Gem and I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday morning. I wanted to get some more garlic scape because you just can't have enough. As we pored over the lovely greens, herbs and veggies, I realized that I still hadn't used the beets from last week.

So, I flipped through some of our books looking for an olive oil and fry recipe this afternoon, and made Mark Bittman's beet roesti. Yum. The rosemary essence is seeping warmth into my body as I type.

As I ate, I hopped onto the computer and went over to Gluten-Free Goddess' blog. She's organized her fave summer recipes and what was at the top of the list? A Rockin' Guac. Those who love me know I love my guac. Check it out, it sounds scrumptious.

Atmosphere cracking thunder and a strong summer rain are rolling through here.

No comments: