Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's time

I've been feeling it for a few days. No maybe a week. I want to do DW again because I am spiraling out of whack. It's past 2am and I'm well into second wind. Reading posts on Ravelry, watching the first episode of Slings and Arrows. Finishing the pint of Karmel Sutra I made Cap run out and get for me last night. That's how I've spent the last couple of hours.

I don't feel bad, just...aware of how strange it is to be staying up so late. I'm freewheeling and cannot reconcile it to myself, in a way. Some sort of transition is in motion. With transformation to follow either way. I think I'll choose to take the path I know will reap benefits.

To bed, to bed.

3 comments:

Julie_c said...

Goodness gravy - you're up at 2am doing all of that!?!? (that picture is too funny, btw. You look so wired.) Well, good luck with round two of DW. Sounds liek a good choice to me.

JET said...

I meant to look at your DW book when I was visiting. I'm also spiraling out of control with the sugar (again). I just can't get my mindset into wanting to change even though I know it makes me feel lousy. Good luck with your transformation.

shirley said...

The good news is that I actually slept till 10am.

Since we shifted to more conscious unschooling on my part the last six months, we've all tended to go to bed later and wake up later.

Which is eye-opening because I've always thought of myself (and the kids) as an early riser.

I guess waking up at 5:45 and walking out the door at 6:45 to get on the subway by 7:00 and be to school before 8:00 for six years (when I was 12-18) will make you believe something like that.

Not to mention a similar schedule when I used to teach, for ten years when I was 25-35.

There is a part of me that resists the idea of clamping down, Aquarians like their freedom :-)