After an incredibly happy and relaxing afternoon spent with Kate and her brood, the kids and I came home hungry, hot and tired. I cooled the kitchen down while they enjoyed their frozen juice cups. (They literally froze juice in cups.)
I cooked up pastured ground lamb with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, onion flakes...and following a flash of inspiration, a couple of dashes of Rogan Josh spice mix.
I also cooked up a pastured rib eye steak seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
I served up (already prepped) peas and watermelon for the kids and sliced up an avocado for myself. And though the steak was delectable on its own, I decided to jazz up my bites with garlic scape pesto.
A great dinner to end a great day.
(Sag is pretty hard to photograph in water. He loves water with a passion that engages him completely and intensely. In other words, he is in near constant motion when in water. The splashes of water in the second and seventh shots are him. Gem likes being in the water, too, as you can see.)











2 comments:
It was fun and, wow, did it really get over a 100?? Thanks a bunch for the awesome dip. I love that you got a shot of the coneflowers!
Is that a little lap pool? I love it! I want one!
Post a Comment