I went over today, they are in the home stretch and the discounts are deep. This is what I came home with (stayed within my arbitrary budget of $60):
The sample Diorama was the most expensive item that came home with me (but a bargain, I think, at $25). It hadn't even occurred to me that I'd be buying a handknit piece of clothing. I was (still am) thrilled. It's super soft and I love the color (a bit richer in real life) and I love the seed stitch and chain link detailing (Cap thought it looked like chain mail). I think wearing this piece might inspire and motivate me to knit something more substantial for myself in the future. We shall see.
The one skein of yarn I bought is a Cherry Tree Hill Fingerpaints self-striping superwash merino sock yarn. I've never bought yarn made by this Vermont company. The colors are darker and richer than pictured. The colorway is called Secret Garden, which, as words so often do, grabbed me by the heart and squeezed.
The books were interesting choices. More technical than anything else, though the knit, edgings and trims has a lot of pretty inside that is not merely practical. The books were 40% off 30% off and were really a good deal. I was prepared to leave the Book of Finishing Techniques behind thinking I didn't have enough money for it, but with the unexpected discount, I was able to bring it home.
I do feel the stirrings of inspiration...of mojo mulling a return.
Peace and love.
2 comments:
Booo. I'm sad to her your yarn shop is closing too. Looks like you got some nice bargains, though.
Thanks. The strange reality is that there are two other yarn shops in town. So all is not lost, so to speak. But, this one was my favorite, by far.
Post a Comment