Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This and that

And just like that, I woke up this morning feeling significantly better.  Retrospect lightbulb went on: this latest energy dip may have been connected to/exacerbated by ovulation/my cycle/hormones.


Gem was completely shocked when the Starburst he was chewing pulled out a tooth.  The molar was loose, but nowhere near the loose his teeth usually get before they fall out (he is not a puller).


One from the vault.  I got a friend request on Facebook recently from someone in this photo (my sixth grade birthday party).  January, 1978.  When the request came through, I did not recognize his name or face.  He'd changed his last name and I haven't seen him in over 30 years.

I did some digging on Facebook and Google and discovered who he was.

My first boyfriend, John.  My brother is sitting on his shoulders.  And for those of you who know Sag, you can see, he really does resemble my sister.  That's me with the big, goofy, happy smile.  Sitting in front of me is Danielle.  Next to her is Lauri and next to Lauri is Karen.  They were my besties.

Ahhh, memories.  Anyway, now that I have been found by John, my Facebook bucket list is complete.  I have reconnected with everyone who I've wanted to.  It's all gravy from here.



Sag has been singing this song a lot lately.  So sweet.  He first heard it in The Simpsons Movie.  I truly enjoy seeing and hearing what songs and music catch the kids' fancies as they grow into the age that I was when I began to love popular music myself.



I am caught up on Portlandia now.  Here's one more sketch.  For me, not as funny as the Aimme Mann one, but close to my heart nonetheless because it's about Battlestar Galactica!

Onto Downton Abbey next...(which I thought was Downtown Abbey till a few days ago!)

Peace and love.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! What a blast from the past. Now I need to find John Nazaretian (sp?)!

shirley said...

Haha, right? I once asked Heinz about John, but never got an answer. I Googled him once and think he might be out on LI somewhere. He does not appear to be on FB.

Heinz is a regular chatty Cathy on FB, it is so interesting the connections that get remade/transformed in that forum.

When are you coming to NY? I would LOVE to see you!!

Karen said...

I need to get out there. Things are getting easier as the kids are growing and leaving the nest :) I hope I can fit in some mother/daughter trips before Katie refuses to be in my presence!