A walking hibernation. A waking hibernation. I think it's SAD in full force. I'm not stressing or feeling depressed. But, I feel like I am under the thumb of this thing. Wiped of energy, light snuffed out.
Yesterday I finished reading the last of my library books, Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths, a graphic novel based on the author's own experiences as a Japanese soldier during World War II. It was difficult, but I appreciated the inspiration to bear witness.
Today I started reading Nocturnes, a collection of stories by Kazuo Ishiguro (link to a none-too-positive review from the NYT written by the late Christopher Hitchens). Cap gave me this volume with a beautiful cover for our anniversary last month. I've the first two stories. They strike me, so far, as quirky.
The second story, called, Come Rain Or Come Shine is shaped by and around a Ray Charles rendition of the song. I liked this, theoretically, quite a bit.
This is one of my Books for 2012. I am excited and pleased to be underway.
No comments:
Post a Comment