Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bosc pears and buffalo


Bosc pears...mmm.  One of my favorite taste sensations.  That collection of cardboard and styrofoam behind me?  I cringe when I see them.  A creative studio space would be nice.  Some day.

(I kind of want to go see an apartment for rent a few blocks away.  Completely renovated last year, hardwood floors, washer/dryer in the unit...  But, it's $500 more than what we're paying right now.  $6000 more in a year.  Waaah.)

Loving Kathleen Edwards' voice.  Beginning to listen to her catalogue thanks to the library.

Loving the library.  Always.

Went out to eat last night.  Torn.  

There is something so nice about going out to eat with your honey.  Away from the daily this and that.  Without kids, communing with a swath of the outside world.  I am a firm believer in the possibilities that come with plunking one's self down in new and different spaces.

But, with what I'm eating and not eating these days, each plate that is placed down in front of me in a restaurant is like a gauntlet being thrown down.  I don't like being fussy.  Like asking for my cheese steak without bread (which I did last night).  I figured I'd eat around the croutons in the Caesar salad I split with Cap.  I forgot what a crapshoot salad dressing can be (and ate it).

I've been off all day.  I suspect I got some sugar and/or grains in me last night.

But, we had a really nice time and lovely conversation overflowed.

What to do?  Move forward with mindfulness and care.  Treat one's self to favorite fruit and great new music.

Peace and love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that I see the halo of hearts, I am thinking, oh, is the halo of birds a computer embellishment? For some reason I thought it was a mobile you were sitting under. Please clarify.
~B

shirley said...

Yep, computer embellishment via the latest version of Photobooth. xo