Thursday, January 12, 2012

Quickie

• listening to a preview of Kathleen Edwards' upcoming CD streaming over at NPR.  it's lovely.

• visited with Tiina for an hour.  I learn great things from conversing with friends.  today I took a detour into the heart and mind of Sag with her.  unearthed some crystalline realizations about both kids and how they have been affected by me.  some intense food for thought.

• kudos to my local Whole Paycheck.  it's small and old, but comes through for me.  I needed some emergency protein and fund some local grass-fed ground beef.  sautéed that up in some ghee with Arizona Dreaming and ate it topped with a dollop of Whole Foods house guacamole.  four small meals for about $14.  (my veteran cashier gave me the guac for free when she realized it didn't have a price sticker on it...so today I paid $10 for the beef and guac :-)

• thinking of trying my hand at lamb burgers or meatballs tonight.

• decided on a birthday gift for Cap, yay.

• mood really dipped last night.  the first of the 20th anniversary Ab Fab special episodes helped.

No comments: