Can you see a glimmer of crazy in my eyes?
Restless. Pent up. Keep moving. Blinders. Oh, my brain, my chemicals, my nervous system. Jumpy, jumble, jelly.
Is this a result of cutting out honey and maple syrup? Is it my body adjusting? Is this my body's way of saying keep the honey and maple syrup? Or is this the last bit of residual grain from the end of 2011 processing through?
What the hey.
Maybe he's caught in the mood,
Maybe these maps and legends,
Have been misunderstood.
R.E.M.
Food shopping is done, lunch with Donna was a lifesaver, heading to Vinny's soon and then date night with Cap.
And coconut juice.
And old school R.E.M.
And coconut juice.
And old school R.E.M.

5 comments:
It seems to me that your body is probably feeling both the effects of no maple syrup AND the grains at the end of 2011....I trust that you will feel better soon!
Coconut water: I've seen it but never had it.
Grain-free: I have been cutting down (almost cutting out) grains for about two weeks and I feel better....although Neal thinks I am crazy and that it's a fad....however, I really slump in the afternoons and could really use a nap...I think I may not be eating enough for lunch, because I feel better after dinner.
I find coconut water/juice very soothing. I just ordered a case of it through Whole Foods (10% discount with a bulk order).
Wow, so glad to hear you are feeling benefits from reducing grains! I have many days where I eat four small meals rather than three "regulars".
That might be hard to do with your schedule. Do you like nuts? They can be a satisfying easy-to-tote snack.
That late afternoon time is a very typical time of day to lose steam. It has to do with how our livers function. In your case, I think it has very much to do with your body missing its source of extra sugars...you are putting in less grains and so there are less sugars being converted in your body.
Proteins don't stay in your system as long as carbs do. So snacking becomes more of a necessity.
Good luck, Sue!
Shirley, that's funny because for me it's the opposite. If I eat a heavy protein meal I am not hungry for hours longer than if I eat a heavy carb one. That's what I read too, but maybe your body is different?
(now let's see if I can post this ;-)
Ah, figured it out. I wasn't logged in and the last two times I tried to post I must not have noticed. Duh!
Yay, glad the commenting got worked out :-)
I thought that marathoners loaded up on carbs before a marathon so that they would feel full for longer and have the carbs converting into energy for longer...
Also, I totally believe there are such different combinations of body/chemical make-ups that what "works" for one person may not work at all for another. I think what works for someone may not even work under different circumstances for that same person...
Post a Comment