Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Coconut aminos almonds

To stick to the Whole 30/strictly Paleo thang, I decided to roast almonds and sprinkle them with coconut aminos rather than the usual Bragg's or wheat-free tamari.  I'll admit, it took a few hours for my palate to adjust, but once it did, yum.  These coconut aminos almonds are more delicate and delectable than their soy flavored counterparts.


I can now find coconut aminos in Whole Foods.  Though, of course, I discovered this after I'd ordered a bottle online.  It's a great alternative for anyone who needs or wants to be soy-free.

These almonds were toasted in the oven at 350º for 8 minutes (I found the originally recommended 375º to produce almonds too on-the-edge-of-burnt for my taste).  They were immediately sprinkled with coconut aminos and stirred (ratio of almonds/aminos=1 cup: 1Tbs).  I shook the almonds back out onto the baking sheet to cool.

Bon appetit!


No comments: