I've been looking for money management type software on and off for years. But, nothing has ever fit the, er, bill. Over the weekend, it occurred to me that I might find something in the Apple App Store. You see, when you have a Mac, compatibility can be a significant issue in the PC world.
I present to you: SimpliBudget.
Before anyone gets too excited, SimpliBudget is very basic and not much more than something you could slap together yourself if you had the desire, time and energy. But, for 99¢, it does just enough to streamline the process of creating a personal budget in your computer to make it worth it (for me).
I input some figures and categories this afternoon and now have a budget going for the month. It has quickly brought spending into sharp focus. January has been designated a "No Spend" month for non-essentials. It's interesting to challenge what we think of as "essential" as we buckle down to conserve some of our financial resources.
Hmm, I suppose our personal allowances should be slashed this month...are allowances for "fun" essential? I think not when we have so much at our disposal already...
2 comments:
Maybe I'll try it.
It's funny...how as we age, we are still learning new skills...and we thought our parents knew everything!
So true...on both counts!
Post a Comment