But, rather than getting their happy ending, the Evil Queen catches up with the happy couple and places a massive curse on all of the Enchanted Forest. The key to reversing the curse lies in the daughter that is born to Snow White and Prince Charming moments before all hell breaks loose in the kingdom.
The baby is magically whisked away...and ends up on the side of a freeway in our modern times, in somewhere U.S.A. Fast forward 28 years and she is a grown woman with issues. On her birthday, the son she gave up for adoption ten years earlier, shows up on her doorstep. Somehow, he has landed in Storybrook, Maine, where the denizens of the Enchanted Forest all ended up. It is a place where time has stood still for 28 years...the Evil Queen having robbed all the citizens of their happy endings.
The boy is determined to bring her back to Storybrook. As it turns out, it is her destiny to return to her people, 28 years after the spell was cast, to save them and restore the kingdom. But, none of the fairytale folk remember a thing.
It's an interesting set up and Sag is finding it quite fascinating. He can't quite keep up with all the details (and the sound, incidentally was terrible...it was hard for me to hear the dialogue over the background music way too often). He had a tendency to want to know who characters were immediately. I explained to him the concept of "build up" and "back story".
I am looking forward to seeing where and how this goes. He's a very visual kid and he enjoys figuring out how things work. He's definitely got an eye out for effects, as well as, storytelling. In the meantime, it's fun to have found something just for us.

4 comments:
I, too, discovered this show....(Maybe I have the brain of a 9 or 10 year old boy?) but I love it! I know about the marathon, but since I only watch TV when I sew I didn't watch it.
And I totally resonate having something for you and one boy....this time is so special! I remember this with both my girls...(although watching eternal reruns of "The Mummy" with Mic got a bit tedious) (-:
My favorite show of the season. Also, quite a few people in the family (mom, aunt, brothers, cousins) are watching it so it's fun to talk about. The last show we all watched was Lost. Enjoy!
Cool :-) New episode on Sunday! I've been getting back into Parenthood again. There's something abut that show I really like.
I use to watch Parenthood but stopped a while back. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday.
Post a Comment