Thursday, November 03, 2011

Back

Ready for a hail of bullets?  'Cause that's what I got.

• bacon slow cooking in the oven: aromatherapy for now.

• flabbergasted at how my buttons get pushed so intensely by interactions with my landlord.

• tight squeeze with the kids on the pullout couch last night (Cap needed the bedroom to work till the wee hours), but completely worth it.  snuggling to recharge was most definitely in order.

• watched my bodily self expand with stress bloat while dislocated.

• still warm from the hug I got Friday night.


• there are still 500-2000 households in town without power.  Vinny still doesn't have power and I fear Kelly doesn't, either.  (they live in neighboring towns.)

• stunning and sickening.  real people lost their frikkin' jobs.

• the time with Takai and his family was a wonderful silver lining.



• looking forward to lots of sleep over the next few nights.

• sad about the homemade chicken stock that was lost.

• did I mention how much my landlord irritates me?

• massive clean up, unpacking, reorg needs here.  the kids and I are homebound today and I will be working my way through the debris.

• Google, please bring back the "share" function.  how else am I going to share items from you with the click of a button to my blog?

• paperwork.  piles of it.

• I have managed not to eat grains and sugar in the last few days despite being thrown way off my food game.  I have restarted caffeine and dairy though.

• I felt like I walked through a tear in my main reality, into another dimension Sunday evening.  frantically stuffing what I thought was clean sets of clothes into a suitcase before making the drive to Queens (what I found upon opening said suitcase was pretty funny)...I was in some alternate reality as dusk descended and the heatlessness of what looked to be our apartment seeped into my bones.  I was in a daze while away.  family, friends and what little Qi I had/have helped me keep it together, but I was in a daze nonetheless.  an unexpected parkdate with Damian and Tamar grounded me and brought us fresh air, literally and figuratively.  Halloween/trick-or-treating was wacky.  I was nervous driving home last night.  was I really coming home?  interesting stuff.




• I am reminded of how small my day-to-day world tends to be.  how protected.

I leave you with pics Sag took yesterday while we were out on Austin Street.  He got all excited by what he was seeing.  Peace and love.




No comments: