My food nourishes me. And is healing my body and its systems in new and wonderful ways. But, it takes so much time and energy to pull it all together. I am struggling to hold the other parts of my life.
I can only do what I can do. One step at a time. Focus and be present.
It has been hard to find flow this Fall. I suppose it might be true of every Fall. I love this season, but it's not really mine.
Pecans have been candied (for my mom), bacon is baking, thinking on what to make and bring for sustenance to the all day First Lego League tournament Sag is participating in tomorrow.
Sag's last Robotics class is today. Sadly, I won't make it to the open classroom because Gem is still recovering from being sick.
This melancholy song, covered here by (another Wes alum) Amanda Palmer, is what came to mind as I sit here sad and forlorn. I made a parenting mistake which deeply hurt one of the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment