Busy, preoccupied...time change, my "monthly".
• the moussaka was fresh and bright...not the moussaka I've had in restaurants. good, but didn't knock my socks off. may be better today after a night of "seasoning" in the fridge. it took a long time to make (not only because I am such a manatee.)
• older kid had some GI issues after I fell asleep and the sore throat niggling him is more of a presence this morning. likely viral, but may scoot him to the doc to rule out strep.
• a bit ADDish about the common meal menu for tomorrow night...I am not usually this indecisive...which makes me feel disorganized...
• early birthday party for Sag in...five days?! gotta get my ass in gear.
• new nightly rhythm of rubbing the kids seems to be helping them fall asleep easier...though that could be due to the time change. tip: not to wait until lights out (the time of which can vary). I've been having them get ready for bed at around the same time and rub them soon after. that way I am not too tired yet. afterward, depending on how they feel, they can go to sleep or read/talk for awhile in bed.
• Minecraft. the kids love this game. it has led them to join their first multi-player server (a lesson in letting go for me). the game has lovely background music that has stopped me in my tracks many a time. I stop...and I listen and I feel peaceful. Sag loves the music, too. in recent days we've bought the soundtrack and downloaded free sheet music that a fan has transcribed.
No comments:
Post a Comment