The salad: so good. I forgot to mention that I subbed sherry vinegar for the red wine vinegar. I bought a new bottle of red wine vinegar recently to make cilantro chimichurri...and found it really unpalatable. (It was an "optional" ingredient that I tried for the first...and last time.) The sherry vinegar tasted pretty perfect in this salad...though it may have less tang than red wine vinegar, which may explain why the dressing tastes more sweet than savory.
I also used my "good" olive oil for the dressing. Worth it to have something special for when the flavor of the oil will shine.
I didn't taste any lemon! Next time, I will use the zest of two lemons. (The orange was lovely...combined with the anchovy, it approached sublime.)
Much like the roasted broccoli with bacon and garlic, this dish poses the
And, a big thank you to Gem. He dried the kale leaves for me by hand. Exactly the kind of tedious task that tends to drive me nuts/I cannot bear to do. (I would have done it today because I knew excess water would dilute the flavor of the dressing and affect the texture of the salad...but am so glad I didn't have to!)
No comments:
Post a Comment