Saturday, November 12, 2011

Morning table (still life)


I set the kids' teas on the table.  A smile spread across my face as I noticed Sag's new mini-clipboard.  He had drawn a picture to illustrate just how cute he thought this clipboard was and clipped it on.

The kids went to the craft store with Daniel and Donna.  It was a rare opportunity for them.  They had $20 for duct tape and Rita's.  But, of course, they saw other things that tickled them.  When he walked in the door last night, he was aglow over his extra purchase.

I'm no tyrant when it comes to shopping.  But, it may not have happened had he been out with me.  His joy was contagious.

There is a shadow of a lamp stand in this photo.  Bittersweet.  I don't know how my parents came to have this lamp, but I remember it from my childhood.  And now, it lights our front room.  Merrily.  But, it tips.  It's built to stand on unwarped wooden floors.  (The opposite of what we have now.)  So, I have been on a mission to replace it.

Seeing it in this shot, though, I realize I want to keep it.  We won't be in this apartment forever.  Pursue a better lamp, for now, find a place for this one in our future space, later.  Sweet.

Today, a day of planning, shopping, cleaning, preparing...tomorrow we host Sag's early 10th birthday party.  15 kids, a sunny forecast, a whole lot of love and activity.

No comments: