For me, a primary reason to declutter is that I hope the resulting simplicity will make it easier to do what I want to do.
Ever since my Waldorf days in Sacramento, I have tried to keep a nature/seasonal table, off and on, for years. But, I would inevitably be thwarted by my disorganization/inattention. When we started the current living room reorg, I designated a shelf that used to hold a mess of photo frames as my/our new seasonal shelf.
Our autumn has been unseasonably warm, but the leaves are finally off most of the trees and things have turned a distinct brown outside. With the time change a couple of weeks ago, our days are noticeably shorter. Winter is coming...even as the temps rise above 60ºF in the daytime.
Changing the seasonal shelf has been niggling at me. Tonight, I got sidetracked from continuing with the paper work. I dug through my "seasonal" box. Then, I dug through my postcard box looking for a good image to match the season as it is feeling and looking for us, right now.
Done! (For now...this scene is calling for some "stuff" from the outdoors...)
No comments:
Post a Comment