I took Gem to get his blood drawn so it could be tested for mono/Epstein-Barr virus. It did not go well for him. No blood was drawn. I came away with the realization that he really is too big to be physically overpowered by me (in a smooth and calm way). I wish I'd had that clarity before I made the appointment, but...unlike a tooth extraction, I thought he might be able to handle a butterfly needle. (He thought so, too.)
So, we're waiting to hear back from our family doc (who does e-mail...love that.) We think we're going to proceed as though he does have mono, and treat him with at least 4 weeks of rest.
I have bought so much food (or ingredients for food) for celebrations that have not happened/I will not be present for. It's kind of killing me. Trying to stay positive and in the moment...tomorrow I am spending a lot of time in the kitchen making dips and veg and short ribs. Therapeutic activity for me and therapeutic nourishment for Gem.
We are dropping the car off tomorrow night so a local mechanic with lots of Subaru experience can take a look-see on Wednesday sometime. Craziness on the day before Thanksgiving. Chaotic convergence.
Keeping the kids out of the fray as much as possible. Keeping Cap close...when the poop hits the fan it helps so much knowing you're not in it alone.
Sag with his new Mameshiba, Edamame.
the iPad has been a lifesaver.
No comments:
Post a Comment