Monday, October 25, 2010

One bowl



By the time noon rolled around I was definitely hungry.  Which was interesting because:

• I rarely feel hungry

• I ate dinner very late last night (another rare occurrence and no doubt a factor in my active dreaming)

I actually pulled the eggs out of the fridge thinking of quick protein.  It's my go to and I was willing to forgive myself and not stress.  But, I forced myself to slow down a bit.  I pulled out my garlic press from the drawer (how I love my garlic press) and pulled off three cloves from the large head on the counter.  I retrieved the scallions and safflower oil from the fridge.  The ginger joined the garlic on the cutting board.

I had some baby spinach in the crisper waiting for just this moment, apparently.  Everything went into the pot with some coconut aminos and a dash of red pepper flakes.

I washed and dried my favorite bowl which I am beginning to think of as my "one bowl" (still have to read the book!)  The aroma wafting out and around the pot held my attention and focus.  I put away the eggs and decided to save the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots for later.

I plated and ate.

One meal at a time.  One bowl at a time.

Now to go sip some tea with honey and rebuff the chocolate littering the computer desk.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I really like your bowl. I'm also usually impressed with what you put in your bowl- healthy spinach, nuts, a little this and that. I'd put ice cream in it :-)

shirley said...

When I eat ice cream, I tend to eat it straight out of the carton :-)

I forgot to mention that Sandy and Mike gave us this bowl (with a sibling bowl which broke a long time ago), a souvenir of a trip they took to St. Augustine, FL, a place I like very much.