I forgot to set my alarm last night. (I'm okay with that.)
Right before I woke up I dreamt that I was first in line in the office of one of the local schools, waiting to express interest/intent in enrolling the kids. There was some mild hubbub and anxiety involved about protocol. And my lack of understanding of said protocol. Inner calm ultimately prevailed and the last thing I remember seeing is glorious autumn maple trees as I exited the building.
I heard the recycling tumbling into the truck signaling the arrival of Monday morning.
I did not open Firefox! Went straight to iTunes and Master Lu's voice and piano stylings. I practiced the whole set of 10.
(Questions for Kelly about #9: fists tight throughout or just when exhaling? tailbone tucked in our let out while exhaling? what to do with pelvic floor during exhale - flexed/tightened or relaxed?)
I sweat a bit, definitely warmed up, my mind wandered a bit...but not too far. No one else was up, which definitely helped my concentration.
I don't know if anyone else can see a difference, but I feel better already. Pink, warm, grounded, happy.
Today's plans to go to a friend's house for a chocolate/fair trade workshop have been canceled due to illness at their house.
In between working with the kids and doing some house work, I'll be listening to and tinkering with my "Keep Going" playlist (I've changed the name a few times and still don't love it). And knitting some rows of Azzu's Shawl in the beautiful Taiyo ('sun' in Japanese) I picked up locally during Wendy's visit.
Off to eat some toasted pine nuts. Have a wonder-full day.

2 comments:
I'll be interested to hear what made your playlist when you're done with it.
Glad you got off to a good start today.
I'll let you know. I am mostly whittling down at this point.
Thank you!
Post a Comment