Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pushing out from the root

'Tis the season.

My Dragon's Way teacher talked about how during Spring, along with the plants and trees, our Qi pushes stagnant and/or blocked energy, (what I sometimes can't help but think of as old, nasty stuff), up, up, and out.

I saw Vinny yesterday and confirmed that this has been happening for me lately, namely in the form of lower body gas and severe itchiness on the skin of my shins.

For the itchiness he suggested pricking the inside of my big toe, near the top.  This provides the build-up energy to release, literally.

This morning I had a rude awakening just before 5am (as Lung transitions into Large Intestine).  To the front of my left ankle was on fire with itchiness.  I scratched and scratched but it was providing no relief.  I didn't know where my pricking needles were so decided to go to Plan B.  I got up and got my Chinese herbal skin cream.

It's not an insta-cure, but it does the job to soothe the itch and I did, to my surprise, fall back asleep.

I'm a little discombobulated this morning, but grateful.  Our plans are shifting and instead of a museum workshop on "Illustrating A Narrative Using Mixed Media" we'll be visiting the zoo with Danielle and her crew who are off from school this week.

Looking forward to being out in the air and sun.


2 comments:

Julie_c said...

That illustrating class sounded interesting. If you do it some other time I would love to hear more about it. I'm reading a book called "...And with a Light Touch" about teaching writing to first graders and trying to get Cam a little more interested in writing and story structure.

shirley said...

Cool. Our guys definitely hook into writing/story structure through the comic books they draw and write.

Erik's starting to do some non-comic writing with them, if you ever want to check in with him about it...