[I'm changing the kids' blog nicknames. Using their corresponding grade levels has been obsolete in my mind, for awhile. First = Gem(ini) and Kinder = Sag(ittarius).]
Gem turned 8 this week. Here are some pictures. (I took very few pictures during his party. I was too busy beaming and soaking in and floating around :-)
Thank you for celebrating him and supporting us as we raise him. From near and far. Every bit is felt and appreciated.
Gem opted for a small party this year and though I missed certain friends, it was a very mellow and low-key gathering. And, he was really happy.

The birthday banner Sag and I made which didn't make it up onto the wall until the morning after his birthday because I can be so damn forgetful.

The Ben 10 cakes. One was chocolate, the other yellow. Because Jay doesn't like chocolate :-)

I loved the golden hue of these GFCF cookies that Momoko baked. They were yummy.

We had delicious coconut CF ice cream at Julie and Mike's recently and Cap made a batch for the party. Gem requested that pineapple and lemon be added to the mix which resulted in a subtly sophisticated ice cream.

My mom was the sushi chef extraordinaire rolling maki after maki. Salmon, tunafish(with mayo), Tings, avocado, cucumber, shiso-umeboshi, olivada-cuke, fluke-shiso-ume...

Sag getting lost in the cakes and all that they promised.

Ellie and Baba amidst knees, legs and feet...

Auntie Sandy excited about cake :-) Loved her dress...

Lukas being a trooper and letting me snap a pic.

Auntie Lisa creating an oasis amidst the hubbub...

Ellie and Theo.

Lilja.

Cap and Theo. The boy keeps growing and growing!
4 comments:
Hi Shirley,
Thank you for your explanation of who "Gem" is in "The scape are back"...I thought I was having a senior moment. I had wondered what you'd do with the kids' names now that they have outgrown first grade and kindergarten names. And the use of astrological signs is nicely in keeping with your use of Cap, so well done.
Your trip to the Farmer's Market sounded delicious, and I once again loved your photographs of fruits and vegetables. Your photos enhance the content of your blog so well...I am now becoming most interested in buying a camera...
Warm wishes,
Susan
Thanks Sue!
How exciting that you are thinking of buying a camera.
The blog has been a great way for me to infuse my love of taking pictures with creativity and meaning.
Two things:
1. How funny is it that you had all those people in your house and you called it a "mellow" party.
2. Cameron really enjoyed the video. He thought it was very funny that you all had to sing Happy Birthday twice.
1) What can I say... :-)
2) Glad he enjoyed the vid!
Post a Comment