Sunday, July 15, 2012

Boob tube

Folded laundry this afternoon...which is almost always accompanied by watching something on tv.  I caught last week's episode of Louie, which was pretty darn brilliant and funny, as usual.  Sag then joined me for The Big Year which I found on HBO On Demand.

It was therapeutic to laugh to Louie and watch a feel good movie with my boy.  I am also grateful to Cap who went foraging for food and brought me home a particularly tasty bag of roast beef.  I was tempted to have some farmer's market cheese with the roast beef, but for now, I'm going to wait till I am done with my 30 days!

It has occurred to me that yesterday I had dairy (sample of cheese at farmer's market), vegetable and/or legume oil (the sweet potato fries) and sugar (a few squares of dark chocolate).  So although I had honed in on the oil as the likely trigger for my various reactions last night and into this morning, the truth is that I can't untangle the three.

This motivates me to stay as "clean" as can be the next few days and then, as the book suggests, reintroduce foods one at a time to observe changes.

Back to the boob tube: the summer shows are starting to heat up.  Breaking Bad returns tonight, Project Runway later this week...Falling Skies is my frothy summer fun show...True Blood, Burn Notice, The Closer's final batch of episodes...the aforementioned Louie...  I'm thinking of checking out a new show premiering tonight, Political Animals.

It's feast or famine.



P.S. My book brain has been reactivated, too: I'm itching to start Freedom (I loved The Corrections).

2 comments:

Julie_c said...

I'm through season 2 of Breaking Bad on Netflix (although, being an Entertainment Weekly reader, it's impossible not to catch some spoilers.) Right now Mike and I are mid-way through Games of Thrones. It's tough to watch that as Cam stays up later and later. But I'm loving it!

shirley said...

I find Game of Thrones really exhilarating to watch. The locations are so fantastic and huge, the set and costume design so bursting with detail and lush, the story lines so dramatic and propulsive...and the actors hang in right there with all of that with spot on performances oozing with humanness.

Breaking Bad is a completely different beast...and it is such a beast. It does harrowing and intense and dark and smart and funny like no other show. You are in for some awesome if you stick with the show. The two seasons before this current one were fan-freakin'-tastic.