Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ick

So...I am having some buggy issues with what I think is the Blogger - Chrome interface.  I've been using Chrome since I got Lula and have had no issue other than these glitches that are starting to happen when blogging.

So...please pardon the appearance of the previous post.  I don't know how to fix it, and after trying for awhile, don't want to spend any more time on it.  I am not even sure how some of the glitchiness happened, which is, in a way, more frustrating than when you know you did something wrong that you can't fix.

I have a feeling using a blog template with a  white background would solve this particular issue without figuring it out the actual glitch...more of a workaround.

Blogging with another browser, going back to Firefox or giving Safari a try, is another solution.

I'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'll sound like a geek for a minute here and tell you that looking at your source code for the blog it shows that there is a background color being applied to your text (which we know). Not sure why it is doing this but you could fix it by going into the html. Since you probably don't want to do that I won't go into it.

I like the Chrome interface but I've had to stop using it as I've had too many issues where things would not work correctly. I don't think enough sites are up to date to work in Chrome- or at least that's what I think the issue is. On the Mac at home I use Safari and at work I use Safari and Firefox.

shirley said...

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I applied the background color, trying to get as close as I could to color of the page.

When I cut and paste the review from Goodreads, the background of the text of white. I did notice that there is a "paste to match style of page" function which I will try next time.

In the nearly four weeks I've had the laptop and have been using Chrome, I've already set up bookmarks and whatnot which makes it seem like a drag to switch to another browser...but what you are telling me confirms what I was thinking that Chrome, being as new as it is, still has plenty of bug issues to work out.