But, every now and again, Wednesday will come upon me and I feel a pang of stress. I think: oh no, it's the middle of the week and I haven't gotten anything done. I had a wisp of that feeling just now when "hump day " floated into my head as a title for this post.
My headache is gone, but its phantom remains.
Some bits and blurbs...
Gem and I had a quiet early morning and then we went to pick up Sag and Cap. A gorgeous day out there.
:: :: ::
This piece came across my virtual desk this morning. It was exactly the kind of post that would send me into a tizzy of excitement a year ago. I love the internet for this kind of sharing. But, coming up on a year of no shampoo/soap/product on my body, I read Design Mom's post quizzically. I appreciated it, but realized I had no use for it.
I've been blessed with foundationally good skin. But, honestly, my skin, all over my body, has gotten a big boost from being sugar- and grain-free (on top of being soap- shampoo- and product-free). It is soft and supple and young.
And I am free of searching for and purchasing and trying products to the nth degree.
:: :: ::
Back together again. They went to Kinokuniya yesterday and brought back some new Pokemon manga. We will ease into 'homeschooling' today...

5 comments:
I forgot you had taken soap/shampoo out of your repertoire.
Mom made me goat soap for Christmas and I really like how soft it's made my skin feel.
I clinked on your link, but I was more excited by the great Valentine's ideas! I love having Cam make his own Valentines for his classmates - Valentines bookmarks would be spiffy!
I've only recently started subscribing to her blog...she has some great and lovely tips/ideas :-)
Shirley,
I didn't realize that you had, indeed, given up soap and shampoos....my scrub-myself-clean, craziness can't get my head wrapped around that. And what about after exercise? I sweat a ton in the gym and on my bike....and I worry about smelling...
but you look just great!
Sue, I understand your skepticism! I sweat a lot, especially during the Summer. This was why I decided to try this out last Winter :-) Once your body's system of natural oils resume working normally (after quitting soap and shampoo), the bacteria build up (which causes body odor) doesn't happen anymore (the oils won't stand for it :-)...which results in much less stinkiness. It is remarkable and I probably wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced it myself.
Post a Comment