Monday, June 08, 2009

Gettin' it done

The money accounting for the first week of June is done. There's some cash unaccounted for, but it's not much and frankly, it's time to move on. I'll get better at this, I know. In the meantime, my shoulders have become hard-as-rocky terrain. Someone come work on me:

here,

and here.

Also done: multiple loads of laundry folded and put away, meals for the week planned and shopping done (thanks to Cap), living room cleaned and vacuumed, kids nagged to clean their room so I can vacuum in there, "Monday Groove" play list created and listened to while I worked, fed the kids and myself as our hungers rose, and now I am off to vacuum the kids' room and make dinner (chicken salad for the kids, Thai curry for Cap and me...thank you rotisserie chicken).

It never sounds like much when listed like that. Of course there's the time in between, time we are so lucky to have as an unschooling and academic family. Listening to Gem recount the details of various escapades within the overarching Indiana Jones story. Hugging Sag while marveling that these hugs are happening less and less as he has somehow become closer to being 8 than 7. Looking at drawings, lego masterpieces, comic book frames, costumes..."Äiti, look at this!" And hanging out for a few minutes with Cap listening and sharing, talking about stuff that matters and is real, not on anyone's schedule but our own.

Oh, and p.s., I plugged The Closer into the DVR. I cannot resist Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't help but reply to the Closer comment. It was a good one. I was only mildly disappointed by the acting of one minor character at the end of the episode. Otherwise, I think they nailed it.

Other favorite tv highlights:
Did you catch Glee? It was great.

Also, if you need one more tv obsession (which you don't), the show Life, has the best season ending of anything I have seen on network tv. I watched it on Hulu and truly it was great. I almost think it is worth watching season 2 (with maybe the intro from season 1 to get the premise) just to see the last episode. It would lose it's power without the buildup.

Anyway, those are 2 small tv snippets from my world. I try to keep up with Jon and Stephen, and look forward to the return of 30 Rock.

Thanks for your call today. Hopefully, more to follow.

~B