Damn...how fun is scanning old photos into the computer? The scanner on our old printer never worked so this totally-up-my alley activity has been a long time coming. That's me and my moms in January of '67.I am nearly back to normal. Once I started improving, recovery has been fast. I can still feel a sharp pain in my ribs if I breathe deeply, laugh or take a regular breath while twisted just so. Maybe an x-ray is not such a bad idea. I was wiped by late afternoon and was feeling PMS-y emotional by early evening.
The kids, Gem in particular, has been a bit of a mess this evening.
I was like a kid trying to shake a wad of scotch tape off my finger by shaking my hand every which way trying to get free of the kids. Their usual patter and energy were grating on my nerves and I just wanted some peace. When I told them to go to their room, he lost it and has been teary ever since.
Once I came to my senses, I went in there (by then Sag was also crying under the covers) and we calmed down together. Had a bite to eat and then picked up "a path" in their room (the emergency pathway free of legos and whatnot so that they can exit through either door in the dark without hurting themselves...they never do...it's really for us grown ups).
Gem said he's been feeling more sensitive lately and then he reminded me he gets this way as his birthday approaches. That had occurred to me in the last few weeks because he has been a touch more sensitive, but then being out of commission for four days, I had forgotten.
It is really cool to see him able to express himself and his self-awareness.
I think it's been hard for them to see me in pain and not able to interact with me as they normally do. Now that I'm up and about, some of that is bubbling up and out, as it should.
Sag's probably going to be stressing a bit as he watches Gem have a birthday...namely seeing the presents he gets. This too shall pass.
I'll leave y'all with another scanned oldie :-) This is Marc and me about to leave for our prom. Which I'm pretty sure we took the subway to. I know we did coming home, I'll never forget riding the train home at dawn.
2 comments:
I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I hope the boys are back on track soon. I'm sure seeing you better will make them feel better.
I'm digging the old photos!
Love the prom dress! And glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment