Saturday, June 13, 2009

Return of the scape

Yes. It's that time of year. Farmer John has garlic scape. We're doing CSA with him this season, our shares start next week. Today we bopped down to the farmer's market to see if he had scape. I wanted to make some pesto for my family tomorrow. There will be deviled eggs for my brother, olives for Mike, tunafish sushi for Gem, tamagoyaki for Sag, and carrot cake for me (Gem didn't want cake or singing so I made a special request to our resident cake maker). There will be something for everyone, but you know how there are certain foods that become permanently associated with that person...

We ran into Kelly and the girls at Stix. The sidewalk sale and outdoor knitting (today is World Wide Knit In Public Day :-) had been moved indoors due to rain. I looked for bargains, but nothing leapt out at me and I kept thinking of the wonderful skeins at home waiting to be knit up. (I'd also placed an order for knitting "stuff" earlier in the morning: blocking boards, wires and pins, a bottle of Eucalan wool wash, and a set of wooden sock knitting needles that I have wanted for over a year.)

Lukas and Owen just arrived to play. I'm going to tackle some laundry that needs folding. Cap is writing, editing, revising... It's a wet, cool, and quiet afternoon here.

No comments: