Monday, June 08, 2009

Doggie poop-é

Man, I feel like crap. My body is sore and I felt tired as soon as I opened my eyes despite getting about 8 hours of sleep (albeit with one interruption). I guess the weekend's caught up with me. And, in a way, I haven't fully recovered from my week of pain.

Did I mention that while at my HS reunion I sneezed? For 10 days I'd been controlling my sneezes so that, essentially, I wouldn't, in order to protect that spot of pain in my ribs. Well, during reunion I was seriously in the moment every moment, and when I felt a sneeze coming on, I was too distracted by whomever I was catching up with that I couldn't control it. So I sneezed and felt something pop in my ribs. Pop. It was freaky. Then I had twinges and little spasms for about 15 minutes. Then, it was gone. All gone. The last of the pain has completely disappeared.

I have a feeling the x-rays I got Friday will show nothing out of the ordinary. This was, it's clear now, a muscular thing. Well, as opposed to a bone thing. The origin of the muscular thing had its roots in the emotional/energetic. Of that I am sure.

My goals for today will be getting accounting for June so far into the book. Meal planning for the week. (We're hosting common meal and will have our family birthday celebration for Gem on Sunday so it will be a big cooking week.) Re-vacuuming the living room and the kids' room. Making some good food for lunch and dinner. Homefries are delicious and beloved by all, but I'm kind of getting sick of them.

And giving the kids particular attention. Between the late night Saturday and Gem's approaching birthday they are out of their element, out of their bodies, and kind of out of sorts.

Here's a picture of me when I was 4. Sandy was 2. Takai was but a twinkle in my parents' eyes. Makes me feel a little less crappy :-)

2 comments:

Julie_c said...

I'm glad you had a nice time at the reunion, but sorry you're still feeling icky.

shirley said...

My body made a nice recovery and I've actually had a productive and energetic day. Go figure.