Woo hoo! The kids finally asked me over dinner tonight what the f-word means. I'd been dreading the moment, but it went really well. We've talked about plant sex enough that they understand the biology of the creation of life.
I took my time, wanting to be thoughtful and mindful...and also to keep the occasional giggle at bay. Sag kept saying, "but what is f@ck? is that f@ck? when are you going to get to f@ck?" When I finally got to the mechanics involved in the biology, Sag could not contain himself. He screeched, a mixture of shock and disgust.
Their minds were blown, momentarily. But, then, life continued. Gem asked the question of why a word that means the act of creating life would be given the designation of "worst" curse word and I didn't have an answer, other than to agree that it doesn't make sense.
Sometimes being a parent is awesome. This was one of those times :-)
1 comment:
Oh man - that's too funny.
Post a Comment