Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Dang it


The x-rays show something at the base of my left lung. An infiltrate with moderate effusion. I've made an appointment with my family doc who I trust and like. I've e-mailed her the info I have so far, too. My appointment isn't till next Wednesday.

I've also e-mailed and heard back from my college friend, Heidi, who is an ER doc and who I trust and love. She sent me back a detailed e-mail and I felt immediately empowered having some solid information regarding the possibilities.

I feel the weight. Grave, gravity. I feel the depression of it on my spirit, but I am not depressed. I'm taking it in and not worrying. It may be an infection, a clot/embolism, inflammation, or, though very unlikely, a mass. The first three are relatively easily treated with antibiotics or steroids. I'll probably need a CAT scan to confirm what it is.

Taking it easy tonight. Cap's getting me some ice cream and I am remembering to breathe.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You're in my thoughts tonight. *many warm, healing hugs* It sounds like you're feeling fairly calm and measured about everything -- I'm so very glad. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

JET said...

You are also in my thoughts and prayers. As you say remember to take deep breaths and as Katina says- this too shall pass.