It's always such a treat to look back in photos. (I missed a chunk from the end of Sacramento/beginning of NJ...those digital pics are on an external hard drive somewhere...)
He was born into water after a peaceful labor. When the doula walked into the birth center, she heard my laughter come floating down the stairs.
He used to love holding a little toy in his hand. He nursed till he was three, the sling was his preferred mode of travel while he was two, and he was talking by one.
He has always been easily absorbed by the sights, sounds, smells, tastes and textures that surround him...as well as the music, thoughts, questions and imagination within him.
He doesn't know what it is like to not have a twin-like companion in life. These two have always gotten along. Always.
He lives life fully and feels everything intensely. When he laughs, it's like huge rays of sunshine. When he cries, it's like deep churning midnight blue. When he yells, it's red hot lava. To know him is to adore him, but it is also to feel a little unnerved. He is powerful stuff.
I feel lucky to know him, every day. Happy birthday, Sagittarius ♥
3 comments:
I loved, loved, loved, the video!! So fun to see the old photos of both the kids. It is amazing how well they have always gotten along.
"To know him is to adore him, but it is also to feel a little unnerved." This sentence really grabbed me. You expressed exactly how I feel but couldn't figure out how to express. I love this guy and yet sometimes his emotions overpower me. I think it's because we are both very sensitive. And I know how that sensitivity isn't always comfortable and I'm sure I project some of myself onto him and wish he didn't have to go through it. But then again sometimes it makes us stronger for having to deal with it. I'm sure he was put here as my godchild as a way to help me grow as much as I am here to help him grow.
Happy 10th Birthday, BEAUTIFUL!
Oh - there was a video? - bummer. It didn't come up for me. I'll try again.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAG!
Tears sprang to my eyes. Thank you, Jamie.
Thanks, Julie, hope you were able to see the slideshow! Thank you, also, for the card and gift of iTunes, he was very excited :-)
Post a Comment