Monday, April 04, 2011

Phew


This note was written, unbeknownst to me till we returned, by Gem at 8am when we left for the supermarket.  Some of you reading this know that it is highly unusual for me to be going food shopping (ie. leaving the house, which would necessitate my being in street clothes, and hence, no longer in my pajamas) at this early hour.  Beyond that, that one of my kids would be in their street clothes and ready to head out at that hour?! 

You may pick yourself up off the floor now.  (The other two members of our family were still asleep when we returned.)

It's been quite a day.  Food shopping, qigong-ing, soup making (stock was percolating on the stove all day yesterday), dish washer filling/running/emptying, work tray and shelf organizing, hours of school-at-home-ing, chicken salad making, catching up with an old friend phone calling, package opening, dark chocolate egg popping, bathroom cleaning forewoman-ing, laundry folding, blog reading...

It's amazing to me that some people, maybe even most people, are able to be this organized and productive all the time.

For me, there needs to be a harmonic convergence of brain chemicals, reproductive hormones (are those the same things?), atmospheric pressure and environmental calm, in order to have a day, or dare I say it, a chain of days like this.

I'm kind of pooped.  Time for dinner and maybe finishing No Country For Old Men (watched about 2/3 of it before Gem's angst about life and growing up required my undivided attention and care).

Good evening to you.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yup, I was shocked that you were up at 8am and then to hear you were actually up and out of the house! I tend to go to Whole Foods at 8am on Sunday morning. Hardly anyone else around, plus I'm used to being up early during the week and it carries over into the weekends. At least on the weekends I get everything done by 11am and then take a nap :-)

shirley said...

Even though I am used to it in the physical realm, in the mental one I am still surprised by how late I rise now.