Saturday, April 02, 2011

Morning songs and physics


See that slant board in the corner?  There is a drawing on there.  Sag woke up this morning and started drawing (kind of his usual thing).  What he drew inspired him to look for the marble run which probably hasn't been touched in nearly a year...maybe more.

Lessons learned: asking for assistance (frustrated yelling early on a Saturday morning is not cool) and basic force and motion stuff.  I need to start figuring out some Science curriculum (so I feel more sure about what I am doing and saying)!

Part of the mix, a lovely balance of calming and energizing tunes:






Kid swimming and baseball this weekend (though one kid is down for the count), the Red Sox season has started up and we've got out tv subscription, meal planning and food shopping for me as I revitalize my kitchen domesticity (and renew my GF status)...some of the things that will be happening around here this weekend.

Peace and love and good weekending to you.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

:-D

We had a marble run like that. Owen loved it for years when he was younger. Last month he decided to give it away. He hadn't played with it for years (Bridget either) but it still tugged my heart. But I shut my mouth. I'm determined not to pass on the hoarder tendencies to the kids, so if they say they are done with something, I try my best to say ok!

Cool to see another kid playing with one :-)

shirley said...

I wish my kids would say they are done with things more... I tend to honor their wishes/statements (thankfully...it goes against what I want, that's for sure) and then sure enough, one or two years later they really do go back and use whatever it was I thought they were done with.