Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shallows

Sleep was experienced much in the shallows last night by the the boys.  They woke many times, wandered into the big bed, only to be turned around by a father who himself has been experiencing sleep in the shallows for some days now.

This morning, Sag is sick.  His tonsils are swollen and he thinks a doc visit would be better today rather than waiting a day.  He has a fever, too.  You can see the flush of his cheek here.


I was already aiming for a quiet day today.  Yesterday got really tense and emotional at times (Gem and I are going through our own Spring things).  This will slow things down even more as Sag won't be going to Tiina's (which made him cry) or to baseball practice (which he doesn't know yet).

Balance sometimes forces the issue.  I am grateful for that.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope he's feeling better soon!

shirley said...

Thanks...turns out he has strep. I was totally willing to wait 24 hrs before bringing him to the doc so I am grateful for his intuition and decision to go to the doc today.

School vacay meant the place was empty, which was *sweet*.

Jamie said...

Awww, I hope he feels better real soon. Give him a hug and kiss for me.

shirley said...

I will, thanks. They enjoyed your cards, btw. Arrived earlier this week.

He is down with a raging fever. Hopefully, the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Susan Gurry said...

The one good thing about strep: Once the antibiotics kick in, all feels well....

shirley said...

So true. His fever broke during the night, before I went to bed. He is feeling much better, and cooler, this morning :-)

Jamie said...

Glad the fever broke. And I loved when my cards arrived in the mail. Such a wonderful surprise and made me so happy :-)