Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Marveling minutiae

Yesterday late afternoon, I free fell into Free Cell.  I usually play at least once a day on the iPhone.  It's not an addiction, per se, but it certainly does something to me neurochemically.  Hmm.  Maybe it is an addiction.

Anyway, I played on and off for a few hours, the latter part of the evening while watching the Red Sox game.  My "limited screen" awareness didn't kick in until it was way too late.  Not till I came out of my playing fog.

It was a strange evening.  I didn't eat dinner until quite late and even then I wasn't very hungry.  I did have the mind-body connection enough to eat something at hand (though I felt that tug of take out...this is the "activation" issue my brain has...an ADD strand).  I also managed enough clarity to keep this late meal small.

I stayed up late to watch Glee after the game was over.  I was really tired, but something kept me upright.  I was leaden by the time I dragged myself to wash up before hitting the hay.  **TMI alert**  I was surprised by a huge poop followed by a gut-cleaning release.  (I've been taking a TCM herb concoction called Master Cleanse for over a week now which definitely seems to be doing something along those lines...)

I laid awake for a bit wondering if I had insomnia.  By this point it was past 1am.

Then, I fell asleep.  And slept well.  I woke once and was surprised that neither of the kids had migrated to the bed.

**TMI alert**  This morning I was surprised to see light, bright pink on the toilet paper after my morning pee.  A period beginning with no usual PMS.  No cramping.  No raging emotion.  I did finish my burnt caramel-Hawaiian sea salt bar yesterday, one delicious section after the other.

A period in more flow.  Brownish blood is indicative of stagnation (the older the blood is, the darker and browner it will be).  Pink blood always makes me happy.

Maybe it's the emotional digestion I've accomplished this month.

Maybe it's the Master Cleanse herbs.

Maybe it's the few days in a row of qigong practice.

Maybe it's the occasional flaxseed/evening primrose oil I've been taking.

Feeling groovy.  I hope you find your groove today, too.

P.S.  Reading this piece over, I noticed I used the word "late" repeatedly.  A construct of time, as well as, of judgment/expectation/predetermination.  Another point of minutiae it could be argued.  But, a detail that is not lost on me.

P.P.S.  Periods, perimenopause and menopause don't have to be rough.

P.P.P.S.  Attending quietly and restfully to my body today.  Skipping qigong this morning, seeing Vinny this afternoon, considering practicing #10 tonight.

No comments: