I am starting to feel the effects of last night's sleep deprivation. Went to bed around 2:30, didn't fall asleep till past 4:00. The other thing that's off...or at least is in some sort of shifting and transformation, is my appetite. Between jet lag and traveling and getting out of my routines and habits at home, I am eating much less than I usually do, but not really finding a rhythm.
So, tonight (after the movie and picking up the kids at Danielle's where Norb had been watching them), I got hungry and cranky, went to the store to pick up a few things, ended up getting myself a pre-made wrap, got home, tossed Gem's tater tots in the oven while Cap got burgers going for him and Sag, took a few bites of my sandwich and realized it had been mislabeled...and got really annoyed. I could feel the irrational anger percolating as I drove back to the store to get my money back.
A few years ago, I would have made more of a useless stink at the store. And likely would have felt worse overall. But, tonight, I stated my concerns with the situation calmly, especially as the parent of a kid with allergies, and found I was able to let it go.
And though it was not curried chickpeas I had wanted in my wrap, those few chickpeas are tiding me over while I figure out what I will feed myself tonight.
Peace and love.

No comments:
Post a Comment