Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Um, okay

today.

After an afternoon and evening of feeling nearly post-jet lag energetic and great, I woke up this morning at 5:30 roughly four hours after falling asleep.  Of all the darndest things, I was woken up by menstrual cramps.

Really, body?

I haven't had this kind of discomfort in a very long time.  I got out of bed around 6 to take some pain remedy (Aleve that "expired" last June).  I marveled at how light it got so early out.  And realized I was not going to fall back asleep.

I watched some bad episodes of Glee followed by some better ones.  Cap left for school and the kids woke up.

Contemplating canceling a play date, going out to buy big pads, what I'm going to feed the kids for lunch.

I have to pick up a kid after school and watch him here till it's time for common meal.  Unless all hell breaks loose in my downstairs I'll head over to our friends' with the three young 'uns.  And Cap will meet us there.

It's true of any day, but on days like today it's essential.  Listen to the bod, respect the bod, and take it easy on the bod.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Yes, listen and breathe.

shirley said...

Thanks for the positive reinforcement...when I called my friend to cancel the play date I almost started crying I am so exhausted and fragile! (Frajeele, it's Italian!!)

xoxo

Jamie said...

I hope you are able to find the rest you need today. I know the older I get the more I really need to listen to my body because it will definitely let me know if I'm over doing something and make me pay for it...and physically therapy does add up :-)

Susan Gurry said...

Feel better! It's so hard to be present when the body is hurting...

shirley said...

Thanks Sue! Yeah...mind-body-spirit alignment definitely harder to maintain during times like this. This morning I feel like I was hit by a truck...but the cramping finally seems to have subsided :-)

Shannon said...

(((hugs)))

shirley said...

Thanks Shannon :-)