We found this honey shop while walking around Kamakura with my mom. Kamakura is a lovely city. It is steeped in historical/architectural/spiritual/artistic significance. It is nestled between mountains and the sea. It is also one of Cap's favorite places to go when he's in Japan. It is definitely one of those "go to" places and tourists abound. (I have been there many times over the course of my life and visits to Japan...and never tire of it!)
On this day, I was in AWE of my mom. She had arrived from New York just the night before and she showed no signs of wear and tear. We walked from sight to sight, had lunch at a great little noodle place (a walk up with wooden tables and walls and jazz playing), and then walked some more. My poor sister, who'd arrived on the same flight as my mom, had to bow out after the first hour because she was so jet lagged, and went back to the apartment to rest.
So, the honey shop. I have a thing for honey. I love it. I was very excited to come upon this shop. This wasn't local honey, the honey was cultivated in Niigata, way north and west of Kamakura. You could sample as many types as you wanted, and they had a wide variety. Gem's favorite was Acacia, Sag's was Clover and my mom picked up some Chestnut for my dad, also a honey lover.
An extra lovely was the staff. There was a honey maker who was down having made a delivery and he loved children. He had the boys entertained and was having just as much fun as they were as they played mirror games.
1 comment:
So cool :-)
Post a Comment