I put together the Cole slaw for tonight's potluck common meal (on those rare 'fifth' Wednesdays). It's supposed to sit in the fridge overnight, but...I didn't make it yesterday. I tried to keep it quiet as Cap has been on a late to bed, late to rise schedule as he churns out his work into the wee hours.
The kids woke a bit after me and went straight to the Rover books. They've had these books for years now and revisit them once a year or so. They are written by Roddy Doyle and are hilarious. Uproariously so.
Incidentally, children's lit lost author Diana Wynne Jones this month. I gave away our copy of Howl's Moving Castle last year and am now thinking of picking up another copy to read with the kids to mark the passing of a wonderful writer.
I hope you find a pocket of quiet in your day or evening today. Peace and love.
3 comments:
Could be the camera angle but Gem's legs look very long. I'm sure he's grown since I've last seen him (same with Sag).
Mmm, mom's coleslaw (I'm assuming). They leave to come home Sunday. I look forward to her coleslaw this summer!
Yes, it's your mom's recipe, recipe at the other end of the link :-)
Gem has his paternal grandma's long long legs :-)
xo
Wow, thanks for that link! I'd never heard of her. Just briefly reading her bio on her site and she sounds so interesting. Her childhood is so sad.
I'll check some of her books out. Bridget liked the Howl's Moving Castle movie, maybe she'd like the book.
Post a Comment