Sunday, June 07, 2009

Reunited

...and it feels so good! The reunion last night was so much fun. I think there were well over 100 people there...so many that I didn't get to talk to everyone who I would have liked to have caught up with. (Our class was under 200.) Marc and Erin and Peter were there from my old gang. Robert, Norman, Laura and William were not. It was very relaxed and somehow cozy. Lots of hugs and genuine connection. Being such a small class and being together from 7th through 12th grades, as a class (you can only enter the school as a 7th grader), makes a crucial difference in attachment and camaraderie, I think. We got back to my mom's an hour past the time I had told the kids we'd be back. I was expecting Gem to be upset, but it was Sag who screamed, "where were you?!?", and burst into tears when we walked in at midnight. Poor guy...I felt so bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear more. I will be home waiting for furniture guys on Tuesday beginning at 11:30 pst. Call me if you have time.

~B