Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Chocolate-y goodness

On our way home from seeing Dr. Vinny, Cap and I stopped off at our local chocolate shop. I picked up a bar of this. I just had my first square and it was heaven.

Last night, at around 10pm, maybe 10:30, there was a police-accompanied graduation caravan that started and ended at the high school, which is a block away. Sirens, blaring car horns, screams and shrieks---a parade at night with no onlookers, but much revelry nonetheless.

It was so...sweet. Most of the time, I think of our town as very cosmopolitan, but every now and again something like last night happens and something true and "small town" is revealed, in a good way.

Oh and here's some hot gossip. Our next door neighbors, whom I have had an edge of disdain for ever since they left a letter in our mailbox addressed to "second floor tenants" about an issue that involved the whole house (and not just us) and after we'd had an introductory conversation where names were exchanged (and she's a real estate agent so I don't buy that she's bad with names...ooh I still have a sizzle in me)---they are selling their house!

They flip houses. I knew this about them when they arrived next door, but somehow, the house is so huge, and well, I don't know, I guess despite our own nomadic existence, I can't imagine creating a home out of a house and then repeating over and over again, when you have kids. So, I thought maybe they were settling down next door.

But, just a few days ago, when the umpteenth contractor was over doing yet some more work on the house, I thought that maybe they were going to sell it. In the less than two years that they have lived there not a month has gone by without some new project being started on the inside or outside of the house (even in the dead of winter).

Well, I'm glad because I never did get over that slight. And now I understand why they never made more of an effort to be more friendly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this chocolate bar sounds gooood! That super sweet and bit of salty feels so appealing right now! Gotta get to that store :)

xo Kelly

shirley said...

I am looking forward to my next square.

It was so good, but I realized afterwards that I didn't get any of the burnt caramel because I started with a corner piece!

So tomorrow, or whenever the urge comes, I will be savoring the super sweet and the salty :-)